WiTWA’s 2018 highlight was our very first ‘20 in 20’ Awards that celebrated 20 years of establishment for WiTWA and the light we shine on women in technology. We were thrilled to celebrate 87 outstanding role models nominated through the process, and our 20 became 22 thanks to so much talent in WA. In 2019, we renamed to Tech [+] Awards and the number of role models more than doubled.
The legacy of the awards is our Inspiring Role Models page: our answer to ‘we couldn’t find a woman expert who is interested in speaking, mentoring, volunteering or collaborating’.
This year all our major trophies will be up for sponsorship, so if you would like to get involved see our Sponsor the event information below.
Tech [+] 20 Award Categories
Along with our 20 winners, we’ll be awarding:
- First Among Equals (the highest scoring nominee)
- Outstanding Youth Role Model (the highest scoring nominee 25 or under)
- Outstanding Regional Role Model (the highest scoring nominee outside Perth)
- People’s Choice Winner (the nominee with the most votes via public voting that closes on 7 October 2020), and
- Outstanding Male Diversity Advocate
To start nominating for the Tech [+] 20 Awards in 2020 or if your keen to nominate yourself or someone else for the Awards, don’t miss the nomination window!
Register for our special mailing list to get notified, and make sure you add email@example.com to your ‘safe senders’ list so that the notification doesn’t end up in spam or junk.
To be eligible to enter, nominees must:
- Identify as a woman
- Currently reside in Western Australia
- Not have won a 2018/2019 WiTWA ’20 in 20’ or People’s Choice Award
- Not be a member of the WiTWA Committee or Subcommittees
Additional criteria for Regional Award: Those living regionally are also eligible to enter the Regional Award. Regional is defined as living in the following postcodes: 6041-6044, 6083, 6084, 6121-6126, 6200-6799. Evidence of residency may be requested at a later date.
Additional criteria for Youth Award: Those 25 years and younger (at 31 July 2019) are also eligible to enter the Youth Award.
Tip: Want to encourage people in your workplace to get nominating? Download and print our poster for display.
Entrants are asked to provide contact details, social media links, a recent headshot and brief bio.
They will also be asked to answer the following three questions, which our judges will score to determine our Tech [+] 20, First Among Equals, Regional and Youth Award winners:
Q1. PERSONAL DETERMINATION
Provide evidence of how you demonstrate your ability to overcome business challenges with tenacity, determination and grit. (max 250 words)
Q2. TECHNICAL STRENGTH
Provide evidence of how you demonstrate your ability to provide fresh innovative approaches and push boundaries for better business outcomes. Describe how this has delivered valuable impact, locally/regionally. (max 250 words)
Provide evidence of how you demonstrate exceptional and progressive leadership and encourage diversity; mentor and inspire others to achieve their goals; forge new and innovative pathways that demonstrate foresight/vision. (max 250 words)
- Nominations open Wednesday 10 June 2020, 07:00 AWST
- Nominations close Friday 31 July 2020, 23:59 AWST
- People’s Choice voting opens Monday 7 September 2020, 07:00 AWST
- People’s Choice voting closes Wednesday 7 October 2020, 23:59 AWST
- Award winners will be announced on Friday 30 October, 2020
How can you get involved – Sponsor a major trophy
We offer a number of different sponsorship options outlined in our sponsorship package. Please get in touch if you’d like to sign up for 2020 – the sooner your company is on board, the sooner we can start sharing you with our members.
In summary, sponsorship includes:
- Trophy: Four tickets to the Awards segment
Get a seat at the table (or the whole table!)
If sponsorship isn’t an option, you can instead put a line item in your budget now for tickets or table bookings. Prices are yet to be finalised (we may have to charge a bit more with our bigger venue and longer event) so best to allow:
- $495 for single tickets (including GST)
- $3,600 for tables of eight (including GST)
There will be discounted early-bird pricing, so make sure you’re ready to buy when we first announce tickets!
We will offer virtual passes again for those not based in Perth.