The WiTWA [+] 2021 Conference
It’s official! Next year’s WiTWA [+] Conference is definitely on. We are still working out the finer details, but aiming for early November. Watch this space.
And dare we do a #humblebrag. Our Tech [+] Award and WiTWA [+] Conference sponsorships this year were extremely popular and we are already accepting expressions of interest for next year. If you are interested in being part of this, please fill in the form below and we will make sure we get in contact as soon as our plans come together.
Snippets from the 2020 WiTWA [+] Conference?
Nobody knows what 2021 is going to bring, so we thought we would share a few snippets from the 2020 conference to give you an idea about the sort of things we make happen.
The live sessions ran between 26 and 30 October, and because we went virtual (and at times viral), we were able to secure some very inspiring speakers. And guess what… The content was available online for over a month.
20+ hours of online content to watch with us live across 5 days, or at your own leisure post conference (available until 30th November), including:
- 5 Keynote Speakers
- 4 Panel Discussion
- 10+ Bonus Content Speakers
- 5 Key Themes
- Virtual pass to our Tech [+] 20 Awards celebrating the amazing women of WA Making a difference in the world of Tech [+]
30+ experts from across the globe will be sharing their stories, insights and advice. Head over to our conference page to check all the amazing details.
The 2020 Conference was supported by :
- Wrays and AWS as Gold Sponsors
- Kinetic IT and DXC.Technology as Silver Sponsors
- Rio Tinto, U.S. Government and House Digital as Bronze Sponsors
- Murdoch University and WesCEF as Future Talent Sponsors
- Multiplier Media as Media Sponsors
- Boffin Books and Tank Stream Labs as Community Sponsors
Thank you for your continued support!
If you are interested in being part of our 2021 conference and/or awards, please fill in the form below and we will make sure we get in contact as soon as our plans come together.
WiTWA [+] 2020 Virtual Conference Themes and Speakers
We had 4 key themes plus the Tech [+] Award Night with Dame Stephanie Shirley as our Keynote speaker:
- The World is Your Oyster
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Technology – A Career of the Future
- Mentors, Sponsors & Allies
And these were some of the amazing speakers we were able to host
The World is Your Oyster
Emma Isaacs, Founder & Global CEO Business Chicks, Entrepreneur, Founder & Global CEO of Business Chicks, Australia’s largest community for women, and mother to six children.
- Jess Smith, Paralympian
- Dr Michelle Dickinson, Entrepreneur
- Lan Tran, Game Changer awards
- Estrelia Diaz, Mining & Metals industry engineer
Diversity and Inclusion
Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith is the Australian Government’s Women in STEM Ambassador and a Professor of Practice in Science Communication at The University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
- Prof Bob Wood, Director – UTS Futures Academy
- Fadzi Whande, Diversity and Inclusion Strategist
- Vanessa Vershaw, The Business Psychologist and Founder Reinvention
- Zara Fisher, Fortescue Metals
Technology – A Career for the Future
Choose your own adventure with Dom Price, Atlassian’s Work Futurist.
- Sally-Ann Williams, CEO – Cicada Innovations
- Josh Richards, Astronaut Candidate
- Dr Catherine Ball, Associate Professor at The Australian National University
- Jessie Hughes, Creative Technologist
Mentors, Sponsors & Allies
Mindset Alpha with Julian Guthrie, Founder Mindset Alpha & Author Alpha Girls.
- Ali Burston, Metisphere
- Meggie Palmer, PepTalkHer
- Conrad Liveris, Economist, Workplace Advisor, Advocate for Women
- Ruth Harrison, Rocketwoman
Tech [+] Awards Gala and keynote by
Dame Stephanie Shirley CH
Workplace revolutionary and successful IT entrepreneur turned ardent philanthropist.
Dame Stephanie (Steve) Shirley CH, age 86, is a workplace revolutionary and successful IT entrepreneur turned ardent philanthropist. www.steveshirley.com.
Tech [+] Awards
If you can see her, you can be her, so… let’s see ‘her’!
Nominations are now open so get thinking about who you can nominate in addition to yourself. In addition to the twenty winners, we will be awaring the following:
- First Among Equals
- Outstanding Youth Role Model
- Outstanding Regional Role Model
- People’s Choice Winner
We are also introducing a brand new category The Outstanding Diversity Ally. With this brand-new Award, we seek to celebrate those who stand alongside women as allies in our mutual quest for equality.
How can you get involved
Sponsor the event and/or a major trophy:
We offer a number of different sponsorship options outlined in our sponsorship package. Please get in touch if you’d like to sign up for 2020 – the sooner your company is on board, the sooner we can start sharing you with our members.