The WiTWA [+] Conference will be held virtually between 26 and 30 October, allowing us to market this incredible experience internationally.
The final event of the Conference – the headliner keynote – will be delivered on Friday 30 October to connect the Conference to the Awards. It will either be a physical event, or a virtual one.
We are delighted to welcome Wrays as Gold Sponsor for our 2020 Festival program once again. Thank you for your continued support!
We will be updating this page as and when the plans become real for our mixed reality.
WiTWA [+] 2020 Conference – Mixed Reality
With the uncertaintly around the COVID-19 pandemic, we have worked hard to come up with a plan for the conference that we hope will be engaging and inspiring.
The good news is that because most of it will be online, we can reach a lot more people and we look forward to having participants from all over Western Australia – metro and regional.
So, here’s what we have got planned for our conference, which is more like a festival…
- a series of pre-recorded talks and conversations
- a series of live panel inteviews for you to interact with
- a final conference event with a live keynote speaker and presentation of our Tech [+] 20 Awards
So you know a bit more about what to expect, we have identified the following themes:
- The world is your oyster
- Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
- Youth in Tech [+]
- Mentors, Sponsors & Allies
- Keynote speaker and Awards Night at a physical location **
** If there are restrictions on events, we have alternatives options
From Monday 19 October…
- You will be able to watch exceptional pre-recorded keynotes at your leisure.
From Monday 26 to Tursday 29 October…
- We will host live panel interviews for you to attend, from 6 to 8pm (AWST).
On Friday 30 October…
- We will close off the Conference with a live keynote speaker followed by the presentation of our Tech [+] 20 Awards.
And if you miss that…
- You will be able to catch the replays for one week after the seminar concludes (until Friday 6 November).
We are still working out the finer details, but make sure you sign up to be the first to know when the tickets are released!
Tech [+] Awards
If you can see her, you can be her, so… let’s see ‘her’!
Nominations are now open so get thinking about who you can nominate in addition to yourself. In addition to the twenty winners, we will be awaring the following:
- First Among Equals
- Outstanding Youth Role Model
- Outstanding Regional Role Model
- People’s Choice Winner
We are also introducing a brand new category The Outstanding Diversity Ally. With this brand-new Award, we seek to celebrate those who stand alongside women as allies in our mutual quest for equality.
How can you get involved
Sponsor the event and/or a major trophy:
We offer a number of different sponsorship options outlined in our sponsorship package. Please get in touch if you’d like to sign up for 2020 – the sooner your company is on board, the sooner we can start sharing you with our members.