On Tuesday 28th Feb Women in Technology WA launched our 2017 Techtrails STEM Incursion Program. Thank you to Michael North, CEO for hosting this event for us at your spectacular rooftop venue overlooking the Swan River. Thank you also to Wayne Berriman, Jessica Baldwin, Daryl Sim and the entire Kinetic IT team for all the hard work (and smiles) in making this event happen. It was wonderful to have so many of our WA School Principals, Teachers and Educators join us to meet technology professionals who engage with WITWA and our techtrails initiative.
A very special thanks also to:
- Prof Lyn Beazley, Officer of the order of Australia, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Inductee of the Western Australian Science Hall of Fame and former Chief Scientist of WA, as well as the ever enthusiastic and unwavering Patron of WITWA
- Rachel Cooke the Hon Consul General of the United States of America
- David Axworthy, Deputy Director General of the Department of Education
- Diane May, WA State Manager Ausindustry, Department of Industry Innovation and Science (DIIS) of Australia as sponsor of techtrails under the WISE Grant Program
As a NFP techtrails is the result of many hands making light work. Our appreciation for their ongoing support goes to:
- Department of Industry and Innovation (WISE Grant)
- Department of Local Government and Communities
- UWA Faculty of Mathematics Engineering and Computing
- Kinetic IT
- SEQTA Technology
- Edith Cowan University
- SMS Management & Technology
….and our fabulous members of the techtrails Sub-Committee Neha Patel, Carol Strauss, Leisa Aikten, Simon Carroll and Stephen Carroll.