Feel Confident and Comfortable with Gender Diversity and Inclusion
Date: Thursday, 2 June 2022
Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: QV1 Building – 250 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
About the event:
There have been a lot of important events in the world of D&I in recent years including the #MeToo movement, increasing sexual harassment claims, the [email protected] report, and Grace Tame winning Australian of the Year in 2021.
One of the key barriers to progressing gender equality is that people feel uncomfortable discussing the topic and themes in the workplace. This is due to a number of reasons including the complexity of the subject, fear of upsetting people and fear of saying the wrong thing. In this quickly changing DEI landscape it is vital that all voices are heard and we have balanced conversations.
This masterclass will open the door for men and women to step through together with confidence into this new world. We need to acknowledge that there is fear and address the emotions so that we can get comfortable with the new normal of DEI. It doesn’t have to be a perilous journey.
We will demystify the language and gain a better understanding of the important topics. Let’s keep it simple and focus on what matters most in what it is really going to take to advance gender equality.
The first part of the event will be a panel discussion moderated by Vanessa Vershaw, an elite high-performance coaching psychologist and transformation expert for Fortune 100 companies globally and Harvard Business School. She works internationally with senior leaders, executives, boards and teams as a catalyst for psychological transformation and sustainable high performance.
- Emeritus Professor Gary Martin, CEO AIM WA & Workplace Expert – Workplace specialist who focuses on key issues and challenges trending in our workplaces.
- Dr Marny Lishman, CEO & Mental Health Expert – Health & Community Psychologist and Resident Psychologist on Channel Nine’s ‘9 News at 5’ in Perth.
- Ryan Martin, Associate Director CCIWA & Legal Eagle – An expert in workplace relations solutions with a range of experience in employment law, discrimination, equal opportunity and strategic negotiation as well as defending various claims in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Court of Australia.
- Andy Weir, Founder/ CEO TranXform Consulting Pty Ltd – a transformation leader of organisational operating model and ways of working, has delivered 3 ‘world first’ digital innovations to market, including the award winning, Halo Payment Ring.
- Fabian Ross, CEO Hockey WA & Transformation Leader – Combines his passion for the sport along with his extensive business acumen, to drive the strategic direction of hockey in WA. Whilst helping small to medium size businesses achieve their strategic goals through mentoring and providing consulting services, focussed on nurturing the next generation of talent.
The second half of the event will be a small group discussion facilitated by Vanessa Vershaw to tackle the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion questions you may have for your own workplace.
Purchase your tickets now as an individual or book a table, so that you don’t miss out!
We’d love to increase the number of men supporting the topic of DEI to ensure balanced conversation and bring about change. So tap those potential allies on the shoulder and encourage them to attend!