Last night Women in Technology WA Inc. (WiTWA) held our bi-monthly TECHXchange event on the topic of ‘Negotiating Your Worth’. This theme definitely resonated with our network, with another sold-out event at the Globe.
Our MC Tracey Naidoo led a fabulous conversation with panellists Sam Moody, Neville Smith and Anna Ross-Adjie.
If you missed it, our top 7 takeaways were:
1. Always have a number up your sleeve as to what you are worth
2. Know what you are willing to walk away from
3. Hiring is like dating; it's the nicest they are going to be to you
4. Close your capability gap
5. Be open to feedback, research, practice and prepare
6. Be able to demonstrate and articulate your value
7. Build you brand 365 days of the year
Our next TECHXchange event will be on 19th September on the topic of "THE FUTURE OF MONEY" and hosted by Bankwest. Ticket sales go live later this week. A special note of thanks also goes to Department of Communities WA for their support and sponsorship of our WITWA TECHXchange event series.