As the leading voice for women in technology in Western Australia, WiTWA is a Perth-based, volunteer run, not for profit organisation providing a framework for women in technology. We support women in technology to extend their network and expand their knowledge on a broad range of professional topics. We endorse open conversation and debate. We encourage women and young people to choose careers in science, technology, engineering and innovation. We also seek to raise the status of women in Australian business and in the technology industries.
Our mission is to encourage business change to accommodate diversity and provide a network of support for women in technology, science and innovation. Aside from events and advocating for greater diversity in technology and innovation, we also strive to inspire school students into technology careers through our techtrails school incursion program.
What we are seeking
We are calling for Expressions of interest for any women who are passionate about technology and diversity and would be keen to join our Committee to help shape and deliver our mission. EOIs close on 12 August 2016.
What is involved
There is some time commitment involved in the form of attendance and contributions to our monthly Committee meetings, strategic planning meetings and our regular WiTWA networking events.
Terms of appointment
- Committee membership is an unpaid volunteer role.
- The term of appointment is normally a period of two (2) years with an option of extension.
- Appointments are made in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the WiTWA Constitution.
What we need from you
Please provide us with no more than a one page summary including:
- A little bit about why you are interested in becoming part of the WiTWA Committee; and
- Some information on your background, qualifications and experience and what you can bring to the WiTWA Committee.